Occasionally, I have ideas to write articles about stuff. I love YA and I love to critically examine it with all the English analysis skills and journalistic intent I've picked up through all my English and journalism classes. Here are a few I've written and posted on this blog in the past if you're curious:
1) LJ Smith fired from writing the Vampire Diaries series
2) The Story Siren plagiarism mess
3) My thoughts on Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire being acquired by Atria Books
If you have anything you'd like me to write about because you want my word on it, leave a comment! The research and writing that comes with them is good fun even when I hate some of the books I'm reading and I love the practice. English majors have to write lots of papers and analyses, you know? Here are the ideas I'm bouncing around in my head right now:
1) The rise of New Adult as a genre and profiles/mini-reviews of some of its most popular works, such as Beautiful Disaster, Easy, and more.
2) An examination of The Selection by Kiera Cass and how it internalizes much of the misogyny and problematic content inherent in The Bachelor (seeing as the novel was pitched as "The Bachelor meets The Hunger Games)--or rather, to what extent the novel does this.