Saturday, March 2, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (11)

Stacking The Shelves, hosted by Tynga's Reviews, is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

Whoo, did I get some good ones recently! So many good books and so little time to read them all even though I'm on Spring Break now.


Born Of IllusionChantressLevitating Las Vegas 

Amazon Vine:

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
  • Wendy Darling said this really could be the next Hunger Games, so once I remembered this was on Vine, I had to ask for it! Also a little momentous because this is a Penguin Teen title and Penguin Teen books NEVER show up on Vine. At the very least, they show up very rarely.
Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
  • I already had an egalley of this, but why would I refuse a shiny physical copy?! It's a great book! I'll be saying goodbye to it shortly because I'm going to swap it with another blogger, but I'll make sure to get in my bookish cuddles before I do so.
HarperCollins via Edelweiss:

Born of Illusion by Teri Brown
  • I finished this one yesterday and HOLY FUCKNUTS, KITTENS, I GIVE THIS ONE ALL THE STARS AND THEN SOME. My review won't post for a while, but it's a five-star read. Y'all know how rare it is for me to have five-star reads.
Smon & Schuster via Edelweiss:

Chantress by Amy Butler Greenfield
  • Also finished this one earlier this week and it was... Eh. It's not a terrible book and it's perfectly enjoyable, but I gave it three stars. Once again, review in a few months because blog posting schedules and blog tours and stuff. Oh yeah, I got this for the book's blog tour. Doing blog tours is kinda fun!
Levitating Las Vegas by Jennifer Echols
  • If I had started my blog one week earlier than I did, my first review would have been of Forget You by the same author and it would have been very unhappy. Still, I LOVE magic, Las Vegas is a city close to my heart, and I'm willing to take a chance on one more new adult novel. Let's give it a shot!
 --

You've probably noticed most of my reviews lately have been scheduled ones of ARCs I read ages ago and I've been reading mostly ARCs. That's for a good reason: My time as a blogger is almost up. I don't know exactly when I'm going to stop, but it will be very soon.

And to clear up one worry some of you might have, the blog won't be deleted; it will just go dormant and my only new posts will be reviews I've had scheduled for a while now. Deleting it would be unfair to the people hosting the blog tours I'll be on in the next few months and the publishers and author who graciously sent me novels for review.

Also, feel free to kick whichever jerk unfollowed me when I was just about to post a giveaway celebrating 300 GFC followers. :P