Friday, March 15, 2013

Cover Stuff (1)

People said they wanted to see more comments on covers from me, so here you go! Have a nice, heaping helping of Cover Stuff! All the covers I use are gleefully yanked from Cuddlebuggery's Hot New Titles and A Reader of Fictions's Cover Snark because they're both able to keep track of covers more thoroughly than I can. They're fabulous and you should be following them if you aren't already.

The Hazards of Skinny Dipping by Alyssa Rose Ivy

 I hope that title is talking about the dangers of sand getting up their asses or in their sexual organs. That's a SERIOUS danger of skinny dipping and sex on the beach. At the very least, do it on top of a towel!

Through the Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter

Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles, #2)

Alice in Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)
 Um, what's wrong with her face? Is that a mask? I call this one a step down from the previous cover.

Game. Set. Match. by Jennifer Iacopelli


Well, this is rather dull.  You can also tell it's NA (I despise that category and will tell you exactly why, but that's a post for another day) because nine out of ten covers involve people making out. Someone needs to get some variety up in there!

Burn Bright by Bethany Frenette


Dark Star

 Oooh, pretty colors. I like it! Can I have it, please?

 This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales

 This Song Will Save Your Life

 Hm... I'm not sure what I think of this, honestly. I like how they changed the colors of certain letters to make "love" stand out, but that's about all that gets me. Maybe it will grow on me.

Because of Low/Just For Now/While It Lasts by Abbi Glines

 
 
 And that's all I have to say about that.

 The Wicked Within by Kelly Keaton

 The Wicked Within (Gods & Monsters, #3)

 Darkness Becomes Her (Gods & Monsters, #1) A Beautiful Evil (Gods & Monsters, #2)

Once again, eh. They're decent covers and not worth making fun of, but there's nothing terribly compelling about them either. I like the snake references on each cover, though.

Alienated by Melissa Landers

 Alienated (Alienated, #1)

 This is so ridiculous and silly that I absolutely love it. Gimme gimme gimme!

Touch

 Silence (The Queen of the Dead, #1)

 I've got to admit, I LOVE texture/lighting/color on these covers. I couldn't finish book one because it just wasn't clicking with me, but I'd love posters of these covers to put up on my walls.


 Strands of Bronze and Gold (Strands of Bronze and Gold, #1)

 Ooooh, pretty. If I'd liked Strands of Bronze and Gold more, I'd totally read it.

 All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill

 All Our Yesterdays

The book sounds awesome, but the cover is very... Um. There really aren't words for it.

 Rose Under Fire

 Code Name Verity

 Who gives a damn what the cover looks like?! It's another WWII-set historical from the woman who wrote Code Name Verity! I NEED THIS RIGHT NOW.

Erased (Altered, #2) 

Altered (Altered, #1)

This next sentence is basically the story of my life: His abs are on parade, but all I can see is his duck face. Quack quack.


So what do y'all think of these covers? Go on, let loose!