Saturday, November 24, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (5)

Stacking The Shelves, hosted by Tynga's Reviews, is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

No video this time. Too few books and too little time. There are, however, pictures.





Gifted:

Everneath by Brodi Ashton (Signed and shiny and I give it a quick kiss it every day. Shut up.)

Received from St. Martin's Press:

Fated by Alyson Noel [review here]
  • A few weeks ago, a mystery package arrived for me from St. Martin's Press, but I couldn't open it because it was mailed to my home address instead of my college address. I finally got home for Thanksgiving this weekend and this was the result of the mystery package! Not sure why I got it when I already have a copy, but I'll put it to good use. Expect a giveaway in the near future. ;)

Received from Scholastic:

The Dead and Buried by Kim Harrington
  • Because I'm impatient and have been reading ARCs on an alternating schedule anyway, I got to this one almost immediately after it arrived. I enjoyed it, but my review isn't going live until next month. I still think the old cover is better.

Bought:

Phantom by Laura DeLuca [review here]
  •  I really thought this book would be awesome, but I read it yesterday and was sorely disappointed, though anger was the more dominant emotion.
The Devil's Metal by Karina Halle
  • Because Karina is awesome and she has proven she's good at writing, I'll read this. I've sworn off any New Adult books if I don't already own them (and unfortunately, I own three others, all of them possessing fairly bad reputations; I may as well read them since I have them), but she's the exception. Looking forward to it!