Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Rewind

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is Rewind, meaning I can choose from any past topics, and I decided to go with Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished. I've also included links to my reviews of books in these series when able.

1) Experiment in Terror series by Karina Halle

I really like this series and I have all the books but the upcoming sixth book Into the Hollows on my Kindle, but there aren't enough hours in the day or free time in the world for me to read them all when I want to! [my review of Darkhouse] [Red Fox] [The Benson]

2) The Violet Eden Chapters by Jessica Shirvington

Aussie books generally rock my socks off, but this is an exception. If I remember correctly, I skipped about sixty pages just so I could get to the end and find out what happened. This was one book I didn't want plaguing me with questions about how it ended (because that's the hell I go through when I DNF books). [Embrace]

3)The Divergent series by Veronica Roth

I was one of those people left unimpressed by this hyped-up dystopian novel. I don't plan to read Insurgent or even try to find out how it all ends. I just don't care. [Divergent]

4) The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas

It's not necessarily a great series, but I had a lot of fun reading it and I'm looking forward to the next book. Unlike another book with beginnings on Fictionpress that eventually led to a major publishing deal [glares at Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens], I can see where Throne of Glass got its fans. [Throne of Glass]

5) The Shadow Falls series by C.C. Hunter

I read three books of this five-book series and I am stopping there. I'm supposed to be a good girl and not read a book solely to snark it anymore. (It's still fair game if a book I expect to like becomes snark bait.) Besides, slight improvement in the third book showed me the series isn't going to be my go-to fun for a train-wreck read anymore. It's still going to be as offensive and badly written as ever, I assume, but I don't care anymore. [Born at Midnight] [Awake at Dawn] [Taken at Dusk]

6) The Cambion Chronicles by Jaime Reed

The first book was a lot of fun, but admittedly, money and a lack of motivation are keeping me from getting the second book. [Living Violet]

7) The Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick

-stifles nausea-

Let's not talk about it, m'kay? [Hush, Hush] [Crescendo]

8) The Hybrid Chronicles by Kat Zhang

... -shakes laptop-

Damn you, books, I wish you could come out more quickly! But I know you can't because Zhang is a busy college student like me and there's the publishing process to get through, so I will wait. Impatiently, but I will wait so you can be fantastic.

(Seriously, I admire Kat Zhang and her ability to get this published while in college so much. I can barely find time to write, though that is in part due to health problems stealing all of my energy.) [What's Left of Me]

9) The Angelfall series by Susan Ee

Pretty much half the YA blogging world is waiting for the second book in this series to come out--including me. Her bleak world, unique worldbuilding, and fantastic characters are droolworthy. [Angelfall]

10) The Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Seriously, what is the big deal with this series? I'm at a loss. [Obsidian]