Saturday, September 29, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (3)

Stacking The Shelves, hosted by Tynga's Reviews, is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

I haven't done a post in a while and don't feel like listing aaaaaaaaaaaall the books I've gotten since July, so here are the ones I got in the last week or two.


The Homecoming MasqueradeSweet Venom (Medusa Girls #1)


Bought:


The Homecoming Masquerade by Spencer Baum
  • You know I love my vampire stories, and this one sounds like fun. And it's free!
Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs
  • Another freebie! I wasn't terribly interested in it before, but I don't have anything to lose, right?
The Torn Wing by Kiki Hamilton
  • I'm in the middle of this one now and while it's a little better than The Faerie Ring (which I rated 2 stars), it's still not very impressive. Plus, it's screwing with well-established historical facts about hemophilia in the royal family and that bothers me.
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon volumes 1-5 by Naoko Takeuchi
  • I grew up when it was popular/airing on Toonami every afternoon and I've always wanted to read the manga because I know they're radically different from the show. I've read the first two volumes already and like it! Admittedly, there's one manga/anime series I will always love more: Tokyo Mew Mew.
 Won in a giveaway held by Nova Ren Suma:

17 & Gone by Nova Ren Suma (signed), Imaginary Girls bookmark, and personalized Imaginary Girls card
  • -jumps up and down- I've already read it and was... less impressed than I was with the five-star Imaginary Girls, sadly, but this author remains one of my favorites and you won't be able to pry her books from me until I'm nothing but dust in the ground.