Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (32)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

I entered the contest to have a story published in this anthology (my story), so I'm excited about this book for more than one reason. There are three chances for publication--one will be published in the book, two will be published on the book's website--and I'd love for mine to be any one of them. Fingers crossed!

Defy the DarkDefy the Dark
edited by Saundra Mitchell
June 2013 (HarperTeen)

Defy the Dark, an all-new anthology edited by Saundra Mitchell. Coming Summer 2013 from HarperTeen!

It features 16 stories by critically-acclaimed and bestselling YA authors as they explore things that can only happen in the dark. Authors include Sarah Rees Brennan, Rachel Hawkins, Carrie Ryan, Aprilynne Pike, Malinda Lo, Courtney Summers, Beth Revis, Sarah Ockler, and more.

Contemporary, genre, these stories will explore every corner of our world- and so many others. What will be the final story that defies the dark? Who will the author be?

7 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this one before, but I just read and reviewed 'This is Not a Test' by Courtney Summers and adored it, so seeing her in this anthology intrigues me! And the cover is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anthology's and this one is no exception it sounds awesome. Great choice, and awesome teaser since it's not out till June 2013.
    Have a great reading week.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read entire anthologies... I've read stories from them but never the entire thing... I just might read this one given the chance... I hope you enjoy it when you have the chance to read it. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic pick. I just added it.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=3556

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to add this one to my wishlist! Good luck with winning the contest! :) I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what others have to say about books and it makes me feel less like I'm talking to an empty auditorium, so comment away. Thank you for reading my blog post!