Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (30)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This book sounds like an incredible amount of fun and I always want to read more books about dancing (call it research), but one thing worries me about Dance of Shadows: it's from Tinderbox Books LLC, a book packaging company. Specifically, the same one that put out Fallen by Lauren Kate, which I did not like. I have read multiple books created/sold by book packaging companies ([resource 1] [resource 2] [resource 3]) and have not honestly liked any of them. There's a love triangle too! Augh.

Dance of ShadowsDance of Shadows
by Yelena Black
December 24, 2012
304 pages (hardcover) 

Curtains up on a deliciously dark new YA trilogy!

Vanessa Adler isn’t so sure she really belongs at the School of American Ballet. But dance runs in her family. It’s been a part of her life for as long as she can remember. Her grandmother and mother were prima ballerinas, and her older sister Margaret was, too. That is, until Margaret mysteriously disappeared from school three years ago. Vanessa is heir to the family’s gift and the only person who can fulfill her sister’s destiny. She has no choice.

But she never could have guessed how dangerous the school is. The infamous choreographer, Josef, isn’t just ruthless with his pupils, he guards a sinister secret, one in which the school’s dancers—prized for their beauty, grace, and discipline—become pawns in a world of dark, deadly demons.

25 comments:

  1. Wow great choice! I haven't heard of this book before but it sounds so good. I love books with dancing in it and that's so awesome that it's combining demons along with it. The cover is so gorgoeus! Definitely adding this to my list now!


    My WOW
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good. I just bought Fallen because it was on sale...lol...You've certainly taught me something about book packaging companies. Thanks for the education! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just added this book to my to-read list one WoW stop ago and am still mesmerized by this beautiful cover. I really hope that it'll live up to my expectations, because it sounds very awesome.

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this sounds interesting! Added on my GR tbr, thanks for sharing!!
    Here's my WWW Wednesdays/WoW.
    Have a great day!
    P.S new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ADORE this cover! It's so pretty. I'm planning on reading this when it comes out, as long as I've gotten some of my TBR out of the way XD

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not seen this one before but it looks great, I will be checking it out for sure.

    my WOW and international giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this looks like a great read! I haven't heard of it before. Great pick! :)

    Check out our WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cover. I haven't come across Dance of Shadows before - sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover is so pretty! I'm not a real fan of books about dancing, but this one has my attention. Nice pick :)

    My WoW pick

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick, it has a beautiful cover.


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=2995

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so interesting that I added it to my tbr list. Thanks for sharing. Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy cow! Ballet AND paranormal YA? What a great combo and one that hasn't been done before! Already put it on my goodreads list!

    New follower via GFC.

    Ensconced in YA
    Waiting on Wednesday. What are YOU waiting for?
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds so intriguing! And *different* from most of what's out there in YA right now. GREAT pick!

    ~Mandi Kaye | My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, great choice! I love the cover.

    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the cover it really draws you in
    Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks really interesting to me too, what a mysterious premise! I hadn't heard of it before, so thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books <--My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds very interesting and unique. I haven't read many books with ballet, and the ones I have read have been contemporary, not paranormal.

    My WOW: http://breathofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-20-i-swear.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great choice, nice cover.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday_8.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome pick! It sounds really good and I like the cover a lot. I've never read a book that involves dancing. :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE the cover! It sounds like a great read too :)

    http://yabookseasons.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm repeating myself but this one is a very popular choice today. I will not be reading it, even though it sounds interesting, it is not right for me. I do hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to read it.
    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing. Adding it to my to-be-read pile, asap.

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I already thought about reading this one. I'm not so sure, though ;)
    But I love the cover :D
    Greetings

    Here is my WoW: http://kimberleyjones17.blogspot.de/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great pick. I'm looking forward to this one too. This is the first I have heard of book packaging companies. Thank you for the knowledge on that. I am going to have to look more into this.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what others have to say about books and it makes me feel less like I'm talking to an empty auditorium, so comment away. Thank you for reading my blog post!