Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (24)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

I admit, I'm only mildly interested in this novel for the time being, but the premise holds promise. Jane Eyre is one of my favorite novels, so I might this steampunk-and-fae-infused retelling of the classic a try. And that cover is gorgeous! I want her dress. Like, now. I'll wait until some awesome reviewers get ahold of it and I'll see what they say, I think.


Ironskin
by Tina Connolly
October 2, 2012
304 pages (hardcover)

Jane Eliot wears an iron mask.

It’s the only way to contain the fey curse that scars her cheek. The Great War is five years gone, but its scattered victims remain—the ironskin.

When a carefully worded listing appears for a governess to assist with a "delicate situation"—a child born during the Great War—Jane is certain the child is fey-cursed, and that she can help.

Teaching the unruly Dorie to suppress her curse is hard enough; she certainly didn’t expect to fall for the girl’s father, the enigmatic artist Edward Rochart. But her blossoming crush is stifled by her own scars, and by his parade of women. Ugly women, who enter his closed studio...and come out as beautiful as the fey.

Jane knows Rochart cannot love her, just as she knows that she must wear iron for the rest of her life. But what if neither of these things is true? Step by step Jane unlocks the secrets of her new life—and discover just how far she will go to become whole again.

24 comments:

  1. This intrigues me, sounds so good. Too bad we have to wait till October!

    Check out my WoW.

    New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard a little about this one last week, it's definitely on my radar now!
    New Follower, Howdy!
    My WOW!
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I just heard about this and now want it SO BAD. A fey curse! I love it! Great pick! I'm drooling a little over this one. :P

    Alyssa
    Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this cute cover over at Goodreads but I've never read the blurb yet. Glad to have found it on your blog. Nice choice! ;)

    Btw, here’s my WoW post:
    http://thetravelingreader.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/waiting-on-wednesday-15/

    - Mauie (The Traveling Reader)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds awesome, I'll be checking it out!
    New follower!


    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is new to me and it sounds really fantastic. I can't wait to read it! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ironskin looks nice. I want this one as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interested to see how fae are handled in this one! And a retelling of Jane Eyre? Love it! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW post! Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds fantastic...I love the cover. Great choice..

    Happy Reading
    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=1612

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one is on my wishlist for my paranormal themed book blog! Awesome pick! I hope you'll drop by and check out my WOW for this week?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this one before! Will definitely be adding this to my wishlist. Ohh, I want her dress too! :D Great pick, and thanks for sharing.

    Pam @ jellylovesbooks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, I just preordered this! It just sounds so good, and seriously? A girl wearing an Iron Mask? Intriguing! Great pick :)

    Check out my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes I have been waiting for this one too. Here's my wow
    and check out my giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been curious about this one for a while. I hope that we both love it. - FABR Steph

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds really good. I had never heard of it.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Saw this one around, nice pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds awesome! I can't wait to learn more about the fey cursed. Thanks for sharing!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-21-hell-on-wheels.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've seen this book around quite a lot but never realised it was a retelling until you pointed it out to me! I'm definitely more intrigued by it now, Jane Eyre is a favourite of mine.

    ComaCalm's WoW Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmmm... this one actually sounds pretty good! I hadn't heard of it before. Thanks for sharing!
    Candace coming from Novels, News & Notes this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome WOW pick. Ironskin is definitely going on my reading list. Lovely cover too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm definitely waiting for early reviews before giving this a try. I love Jane Eyre but I've had a lot of negative experiences with fae stories so I'm wary.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've seen this around, it sounds interesting and I wonder how well Jane Eyre and fae will really combine... Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    New follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. This one is on my list good choice. The cover is amazing and the story interesting. Click on my name to see my WOW.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what others have to say about books and it makes me feel less like I'm talking to an empty auditorium, so comment away. Thank you for reading my blog post!