Sunday, February 26, 2012

In My Mailbox (3)


 

In My Mailbox is a weekly event hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren spotlighting books I've bought in the past week or received for review.

...I really need to lay off the book-buying and book-snagging. Now I've got a pile thirty books high and not nearly enough time to read them all. Oh well! These are just the books I've bought in the past two days. There are many more I've bought in previous weeks, but I'll just concentrate on the recent stuff.



 

Bought:

Coraline by Neil Gaiman (I've already started and I love it so far)
Mostly Good Girls by Leila Sales
Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton
A Beautiful Evil by Kelly Keaton
Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday (ARC edition! Whoever keeps dropping off ARCs at the local used bookstore should give them to me instead. I would happily become their lady-servant friend and take old ARCs off their hands.)
Switched by Amanda Hocking
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (I will at least try to read this without wanting to throw it out a window just because of what I think of the author.)

Snagged from Simon & Schuster Galley Grab: (No, the newsletter isn't back up yet; some authors sent out the links to them on Twitter. If anyone wants a link to one of these books, I'll post them.)

Being Friends With Boys by Terra Elan McVoy
When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle (I already read this and it was... not good, to say the least.)
Crazy by Amy Reed
Never Enough by Denise Jaden
Surrender by Elana Johnston

Received for review from Amazon Vine: (or will receive; it doesn't arrive until Tuesday)

Embrace by Jessica Shirvington

5 comments:

  1. What a great mailbox you had this week. Some good looking books here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting, Tanya! I'm a little worried a few of the books aren't going to turn out well (in fact, there are only two books I'm certain I will love), but I have high hopes. Coraline in particular is one I've spent ages looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy I know EXACTLY what you mean with the ever-growing pile of TBR books! Mine never seems to get lower haha, not that that's a bad thing! I just finished reading Embrace, it was a really good fallen angel book, review to come soon!

    Hope you enjoy everything you got in this week! You can check out my IMM for this week by clicking on the link below :)

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been worse before (like buying ten or twelve books in a week!), but I would like to reduce the pile. I'm moving in a few months and I can only take so many books.

    So Embrace is good, then? That gives me some hope. Angel/fallen angel books make me wary due to a bad history with most of them, but I keep giving them chances. I blame Cynthia Hand's Unearthly series for being so fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed Past Perfect by Leila Sales, and I want to get her first book soon!

    Doesn't When You Were Mine look totally adorable!? I can't wait to get started on it.

    I have been like stalking twitter to find a working link to Surrender! I can't WAITTTTT to read it! Could you pretty please post it or even email it to me? TaraReads at gmail dot com
    You are awesome! Thank You!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what others have to say about books and it makes me feel less like I'm talking to an empty auditorium, so comment away. Thank you for reading my blog post!