Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (5)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

I love this series. I do, I do, I do. Bertie is a fun, if sometimes frustrating, character and her world is one I can happily get lost in. It makes me sad to see the series come to an end, but this means I get to do a reread of Eyes Like Stars and Perchance to Dream in preparation for So Silver Bright (which I was incredibly lucky to receive an ARC copy of a few weeks ago--thank you, Ksenia)! I'm partway through Eyes Like Stars now and you can expect reviews of all three closer to the release date of So Silver Bright. Since it's not out yet, I'll cheat and feature it.

(Also, I am eternally in love with the covers for the series. Jason Chan did a fantastic job with all of them!)

So Silver Bright
by Lisa Mantchev
September 13, 2011
320 pages (hardcover)

All Beatrice Shakespeare Smith has ever wanted is a true family of her own. And she’s close to reuniting her parents when her father disappears. Now Bertie must deal with a  vengeful sea goddess and a mysterious queen as she tries to keep her family – and the Theatre Illuminata – from crumbling. To complicate it all, Bertie is torn between her two loves, Ariel and Nate.

5 comments:

  1. I have not heard of this series. I'll definitely check it out! Thanks!

    http://theirishbanana.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-9.html

    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read the first book in the series but I'm looking forward to. Great pick!! New follower.

    Dea
    Teen Readers' Diary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I love the cover too! I've never heard of this series before, I think I may go look it up on Goodreads-- thanks for sharing!

    You can see my WoW for this week at the link below, would love if you stopped by-- happy reading!

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes, I'm totally looking forward to this one, too. The Theatre Illuminata series is AWESOME. Nice WoW pick!

    If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the covers in this series. so whimsical! here's my WOW post w/2012 books! hope you'll stop by and let me know what you are looking forward to reading from my list! http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what others have to say about books and it makes me feel less like I'm talking to an empty auditorium, so comment away. Thank you for reading my blog post!