Sunday, August 21, 2011

In My Mailbox (1)

In My Mailbox is a weekly event hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren spotlighting books I've bought in the past week or received for review.

I've meant to do one of these for ages, but I never got around to it. Then I took a trip to the bookstore with two friends, bought some pretties (my nickname for books), and finally said, "To hell with it, let's do it. And put against the backdrop of my beloved Hello Kitty blanket that people will one day have to pry out of my cold, dead, possibly rotting hands, here are my pretties:


Bought:

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
All You Desire by Kirsten Miller (this is going to be a doozy...)
Dark Goddess by Sarwat Chadda

Received for review by Feiwel and Friends:

So Silver Bright by Lisa Mantchev (I spazzed like no one's business when this book arrived for me.)

And for anyone wondering what I might have piled up on my owned-and-to-read shelf, here's a picture of that too:


Whoever thinks I have the attention span to list all of those books is very, very wrong. Altogether, when counting these and the galley of Wanderlove by Kristen Hubbard I'm working on right now, I have twenty-five books waiting to be read just because I own them, all collected since December 2010. And yet I plan to buy another book this Tuesday for my Kindle. Do I have a problem? Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, the growing TBR pile is definitely a curse of book blogging. Although is it really that bad? I know eventually I'll get through them right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Dark Goddess! I think I liked Devil's Kiss better, but DG still kicked some major booty. Don't worry about your TBR pile, you should see mine (AND IT JUST KEEPS GROWING!!!!!)
    If you get a chance, please visit my IMM @ maestra-amanda.blogspot.com

    ~Amanda~

    (awesome background, BTW)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pile very similar to yours! Plus my Nook is full of books too. I guess we all have a problem! Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Purity Myth for the win! LOL, I've only read 20 pages of it and I already love it!
    Stolen's also pretty great, I haven't read any of the others.
    Such a long list, you might have more than me. . .

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what others have to say about books and it makes me feel less like I'm talking to an empty auditorium, so comment away. Thank you for reading my blog post!