Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (2)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

On one hand, the blurb makes my head scream NO NO ASHLEIGH DON'T DO IT THAT BLURB IS SENDING UP LOTS OF RED FLAGS! On the other hand, blurbs can lie. The blurb for Unearthly by Cynthia Hand put me off, but it turned out the blurb made it sound worse than it was because I loved Unnearthly. On another hand (you know, the one I'm borrowing from someone else), it's an angel book. I've read seven angel books so far and only one of them was good (the aforementioned Unearthly).

Then I told myself to shut up and take a risk. It sounds like fun and every now and then, I need to take a risk on a book. Sometimes, I have to go for the books that sound like I might not like them. I can't go on reading books with safe-bet blurbs forever, can I? (Not to mention it's hard finding safe-bet blurbs. Love triangles put me off a little and almost every books has those in the blurb lately.)

A Temptation of AngelsA Temptation of Angels
Michelle Zink
March 20, 2012
288 pages (hardcover)

When her parents are murdered before her eyes, sixteen year-old Helen Cartwright finds herself launched into an underground London where a mysterious organization called the Dictata controls the balance of good and evil. Helen learns that she is one of three remaining angelic descendants charged with protecting the world’s past, present, and future. Unbeknownst to her, she has been trained her whole life to accept this responsibility. Now, as she finds herself torn between the angelic brothers protecting her and the devastatingly handsome childhood friend who wants to destroy her, she must prepare to be brave, to be hunted, and above all to be strong because temptation will be hard to resist, even for an angel.

Michelle Zink masterfully weaves history with paranormal romance to create a gripping tale of love and betrayal.

2 comments:

  1. I have to comment, Ashleigh, because this post is awesome and made me LO!. This is a different kind of angel book, I promise. And the love triangle isn't what it seems... *teases*

    I think you'll really enjoy it! It's action packed, sexy, and very different. Thanks for featuring it for WoW.
    <3

    MZ

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what others have to say about books and it makes me feel less like I'm talking to an empty auditorium, so comment away. Thank you for reading my blog post!